I could not have asked for a better way to start my fourth and final practicum than to spend three epic days at Troll Mountain Resort skiing with an amazing group of students and co-workers! And, we just received over 52 cm of fresh powder so the conditions could not have been better!!

This first week was intended to be a phase-in period–a time of classroom observation and getting to know the students–so although I was not in the “classroom” I was able to capitalize on building deeper and more meaningful relationships with my students and many of their families in the fresh outdoor air, where we could be active and enjoy our beautiful “backyard” together!

Many of my students had never skied before so I had the opportunity to teach them the skills they needed to be successful in an activity that I love so much! Sharing in their excitement was priceless and I’m not sure who was more proud…me or them 🙂

Other students were avid skiers and thought it was so cool that Ms. H could really ‘shred’, lol!! Together, we went down the more difficult runs and enjoyed the thrill of skiing in two feet of fresh, soft powder…wahoo!

What a great week…now back to reality, the curriculum, and unit/lesson planning :-/