Go Dragons!! – Ms. Hesselgrave with Team Mascot, Dragon, ready to cheer on the boys basketball team 🙂

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love sports and that exercise and fitness are a huge part of my life–they always have been! As a student, I played on all my school’s sports teams and participated in several competitive sports outside of school.

To this day, I am very involved in sports–my own and my three children’s. I coach youth teams and am a Dryland instructor for youth hockey. Above all, I love seeing children active and trying and learning new activities and skills.

During this practicum (and past practicums), I have had many opportunities to help students gain athletic confidence and skills! I created and led a Dryland training unit, as well as a dance unit–both of which were a hit with my students!! I have also led my class in volleyball, floor hockey, and basketball drills and games.

Seeing my students improve is so rewarding, and getting to watch them play on their school’s teams is the icing on the cake! Whoop whoop – “GO DRAGONS GO!!”