My Morning Whiteboard Message to the Students

It was a bittersweet day saying goodbye to my grade 5/6 practicum classroom. On the one hand, I was excited to be finished and one step closer to being done the program and on to certification! But, on the other hand, I was so sad to be leaving the students I had grown so fond of and built such amazing relationships with.

My students were equally saddened, which made it even harder to leave. I had lots of conversations as to why I had to go and planned a fun-filled day of reminiscing, celebrating their learning (presenting their summative Future Me posters), and TREATS 🙂

Over recess, I made hot cocoa and set up a “hot chocolate bar” complete with toppings, marshmallows, and cookies and wafers for dipping! Students were welcome to come up and receive their treats to enjoy over snack and excitement-filled conversation!

At lunch, I also treated them to a small bag of chips and a chocolate kiss. They thought it was very funny that Ms. H had given each of them a “kiss”, lol!!

It was a fantastic day that I will remember fondly forever. Students were so sweet and kind to gift me with cards and of course Space/Solar System stickers for my water bottle 🙂 And, my coaching teacher gifted me a kind card, the book “The Barren Grounds”, and a red pen for marking. The staff also signed a card and treated the teacher candidates to cake in the staff room, such an appreciated gesture!

A bittersweet day indeed!!